Model J (SC)
Copyright ©, Portage Electric Products, Incorporated
All rights reserved.
Portage Electric is offering a new addition to the Valstat Series™ of thermal controls. The new series is a line of self-hold thermal protectors designed as a cost effective solution for thermal protection of motor, transformer, lighting, and appliance applications
In a fault condition, the Model JSC opens the electrical circuit and an integrated heat source prevents the thermal protector from re-closing until the power source is removed and the unit is allowed to cool. The thermal protector then resets allowing continued operation. Self-hold devices allow for the functionality of automatic reset devices with additional safety enhancements.
- Snap action device for quick break switching action
- Conductive bimetal construction; the bimetallic element carries the circuit current for maximum sensitivity under short circuit conditions
- Available in two resistance values of the bimetal element
- Preset calibration temperature; not adjustable in the field
- Available with same end termination (JSCA) or opposite end termination (JSCB)
- Case electrically alive, insulating sleeving is available
- Available with various lead wires and termination. Please consult factory for options
- Suitable for use in 120/240 volt AC Inductive Load Applications up to 1 HP
- Available with nominal calibration temperatures from 50°C to 150°C in increments of 5°C.
- Standard tolerance is ± 5°C.
- Model JSCA-XXX, same end termination
- Model JSCB-XXX, opposite end termination
- Insulating sleeving along with various lead material and terminations are available. Please contact us for options.